Sunday, July 31, 2022

The Chaotic Era of Evolution Chapter 44: Police investigation

 

Chapter 44: Police investigation

 

But she simply frowned as there are not many rooms to search and this is a cheap rented apartment that barely has any good furniture and appliances.

 

“Now that there is nothing, can you please narrate what happened from the morning after you left the testing area?”

 

“Also you know you should not assault someone like that instead you have to go report your grievances to the cops.”

 

She looked at Chandu in a reprimanding tone.

 

The topic was diverted and it is good for Chandu to make more cover in this situation.

 

Chandu smiled and spoke

 

“Miss….”

 

“Yuna, it is Yuna”

 

“Miss Yuna, do you thing that I had enough time to report to police about my grievances in the morning.

 

After my testing is over and I have successfully worshiped a good god, so I wanted to celebrate with my sister.

 

But when I called her she did not pick up.

 

I was also not in a hurry so I went to an internet centre to search for the further steps related to the adventurer’s academy entering process.

 

By the lunch time I wanted to contact my sister and go to her.

 

But no matter how many times I contacted her I did not get a reply.

 

So I went to the place she was working.

 

The manager was so arrogant that he did not bother to tell me where my sister is.

 

After asking him for a long time and when I was about to give up and complaint to the cops one of the employees spoke.

 

It is said that my classmate Henry of the Gris family is eying for my sister and bribed the manager to report to him about the details of my sister.

 

Then he told me that my sister was kidnapped by some thugs that seem to be not related to Henry but someone else.

 

After finding that direction I went to see if I can find that van that those thugs used.

 

While moving on the way I enquired the people around and found some right directions.

 

But I was still lost.

 

Then I received a message on my phone.

 

I thought that it was my sister and saw the message with some hope.

 

The message is from an unknown number but they told me to come to a specific alley to save my sister.

 

It took all of my effort to get to that alley where the message pointed.

 

There a cloaked man was standing and my sister was on the road unconscious at that moment.

 

I panicked a little but my sister is safe and the cloaked man should be the one that saved her.

 

The cloaked man told me that someone named Alex has borrowed a large sum of money through the loan shark named Shi Hai and put my sister as insurance.

 

It is probably when we are applying to the academy test he asked my sister to sign instead of his drunkard father.

 

I don’t know what the money is used for but I know that he wanted to sell my sister for himself.

 

Now tell me in this kind of situation why I should not hit that person that betrayed my trust.

 

I trusted him as my brother but he only saw me and my sister as tools to make money……”

 

Chandu said these words with so much feel that he would have become a great actor back on earth.

 

The female cop Yuna was so moved that her eyes were a little red.

 

Chandu was secretly laughing looking at the expression and appearance of Yuna.

 

Well what he said are the true feelings and what happened was also true.

 

The only difference is that he is not helpless instead he was absolutely in control of the entire flow of events.

 

Even though he is just a beginner adventurer with a low adventurer level he has many ways to control things.

 

On the side the eyes of Radha, who was sitting silently was also red as he heard Chandu’s narration.

 

This is how deep Chandu projected his struggle to Yuna.

 

Before she could speak Chandu said.

 

“I don’t know anything about the theft as I left early.

 

Also I don’t have enough time to think about stealing as I was busy running around all day long.

 

This is the perfect proof that Chandu did not steal anything.

 

At the same time it is also proof that Chandu was not the one that rescued Radha but some cloaked man.

 

Finally Chandu deep narration of his struggle has made the entire thing more convincing.

 

After asking a few questions to Radha the female cop left even though Chandu invited her to have dinner with them.

 

Finally Chandu and Radha enjoyed the food which might seem like it was from a cheap restaurant instead it is very costly food that Chandu rearranged with rough packing.

 

That night Radha had some nightmares which woke her up many times.

 

She did not want to bother Chandu’s sleep with her own problems.

 

But her door was actually knocked by Chandu.

 

There is an invisible anticipation in her mind thinking why Chandu knocked on her door.

 

Many things that Chandu said flashed in her mind.

 

After some time she reluctantly opened the door only to look at the sly smile on the face of Chandu.

 

She thought that Chandu would do something naughty.

 

But this was all for none as Chandu spoke his reason.

 

“I am having nightmares and I am unable to sleep.

 

Now I want to sleep with you so make me some space.”

 

It is more like an order than a request.

 

Radha subconsciously moved back.

 

Chandu moved in and led her to the bed.

 

The bed was small that would be a little tight for 2 adult people but if you want to do some hehe then it is a perfect bed.

 

Chandu hugged her and slept without making any excessive movements.

 

Radha also felt comfortable in the hands of Chandu as she slowly fell into sleep without the nightmares………

No comments:

Post a Comment